About Me
Location: Singapore
How you started out in photography: In the year 2004, I got my first camera which was a P&S and started playing around with it (taking photos of girls and all). A good friend of mine, JJ, then brought me into photography by teaching me the basics like composition rules and framing. Shortly after that i dumped the dimage and got a coolpix 4500 which allowed me to take better photos with all different kinds of weird angles. The macro ability of this toycam also showed me a totally different type of photography. November that year, I upgraded to D70 one fine day when i simply couldn't resist the tempations any longer. I sneaked out with JJ during lunch time and went down to the camera shop and paid for the kit in cash (yeah, a thick stack of notes). Since then, i've purchased a few more gadets that allow me to shoot a variety of things.
My favourite subjects: Being new to photogrpahy, I've yet to find my niche area and is still in the process of experimentation. Everything interest me now, nature, macro, landscapes, cityscapes, portraits and even still objects. I've signed up for a studio course in the coming months and will continue contributing to my daily photoblog.
What photography means to me: Photography is an outlet for my overwhelming emotions. It's a venue for me to express my otherwise suppressed feelings. Photography is also a tool used for reporting, story telling, and freezing of time. As they say, a picture tells a thousand words.
What are your short term goals Dreams fuel passion and currently i have one that will keep me going for the next couple of years. I wish to have my personal photo exhibition as my 23rd birthday present. The theme of the exhibition has been sprouting but yet taken shape. Since the dream has been crafted, i've shared it with my mentor ljj who agreed co-hold the exhibition (though he thinks we should take more time). Besides the exhibition, i will start my portfolio for ARPS (inspired by engloy) en route to the exhibition.
What is your ultimate goal with photography: I wish not only to express my feelings through photography but also that of another person. Given a particular theme or situation, I want to take photos that paints the scenario to the most accurate extent possible. In addition, I want to increase the "accuracy" rate of my shooting to about 80% (i.e. i keep 8 out of 10 of my shots).
Dedication: To God and to all who wish to listen to my story.
Equipment
Nikon D70
-------
Nikkor 18-70 DX f3.5/4.5
Nikkor 50mm f1.8
Tamron DI 90mm
Sigma 70-200mm HSM f2.8
Sigma APO 2X converter
-------
SB800
-------
Manfrotto 055PROB
Manfrotto 486RC2
-------
Nikkor 67mm Circular Polarizer
Nikkor 52mm UV
B+W Multicoated 67mm UV
Hoya HMC 77mm UV
Hoya R72 IR 67mm
-------
<< Home