SDE
< < Previous : : Latest : : Next > >
My First Challenge
Eat Me (If You Dare...) by JCYRHS
Place: 123 out of 271
Avg (all users): 5.123
Avg (commenters): 7.000
Avg (camera): 5.124
Avg (no camera): 5.000
Views since voting: 1
Views during voting: 391
Votes: 284
Comments: 6
Favorites: 0
How statistics can kid one. The avg vote is upon ten and i thought it was a fantastic result. I check the past winners of other challenges and they all had aroun 7.5 and above. Looks like i've some way to go. Only reeeally glad that my photo was viewed by a total of
Please vote for my submission Fiery Dragon in DPchallenge Shutter Speed
12 Comments:
SDE
Camera Model: NIKON D70
Lens: Nikkor DX 18-70 Wide-Zoom
Exposure Time: 6 sec
F-Number: f/14.0
Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Focal Length (35mm Equiv): 27 mm
This is the most dynamic IR photo of my collection from that day. Hope it'll inspire some thoughts. bte, SDE stands for School of Design and Environment. =)
well, dunno what's going on for the DPchallenge thingy, but i thnk if i were u, i wouldnt care abt the vote or whatever. just take photos the way u like and being motivated cos u got soooo many pple viewing and commenting... attitude determines amplitude! (sorry if i sound like a nanny... :)
AMK: so if it's a photograph...you would think it's a?
=21grams=: Heehee...sometimes people seek different sources of recognition, but i do agree with you, attitude determines amplitude! =) tks
hey boy its me!! feel like typing sth. since i jus updated sth online...mus s well leave u a comment ya. hmm ok. initially thot finally not nus le...but aft reading ur first comment...sch of design n environment...ok cant figure out where u took e pic but i think this is better den e last few. dun really feel much for e previous few. e photos r nice...jus tt they dun make me feel anything. hmm...i like this. like e colors...really looks more like a painting den a photo.
- qi
hmm interesting...esp the sky.. :)
can't believe I sent the sms to you wrongly...luckily I wasn't saying anything weird or bad or wateva else hahaah..:)
nice. I like this shot.
How do you do IR? using a filter? Interesting results. I am tempted to try this out. :D
qi: Tks for the comment. Hmm, i was worried that the IR photos are "wow" but have no "feelings" too. Tonight's one will be the last of the series.
Ee min: The sky was a bonus, pretty lucky to get it.
ashwin: Hoya R72, cheap and not too bad. =)
Hey this photo is very nice! Like the sky...
Thanks gene. Hurry up come back then i bring u to purchase the filter.
hmmm.. feel like getting an IR filter now.. lol
You were right.. the sky looks really nice.
About the avg votes, i think what your picture lacked was good composition. I don't really see any main subject, no real background foreground thing going on. I think if it wasn't the first time I was viewing an IR shot of the sky, I'd go.. "okay..."
Haha.. as if I so pro. Guess critics are only good at critique because they aren't good in practice themselves. Shit, hope I'm not talking about myself! lol
haha... i had trouble framing that this shot too. Actually my IR shots were more experimental than anything else. Not a good excuse lah but i've plans to take better IR photos at places with nicer trees...and maybe a pond. Think Pasir Ris.
hey, just wondering, how much was ur filter? 72mm wassit? Hmm, but before I get an IR filter, think I'll get a polariser first
Post a Comment
<< Home