Monthly: |
Main Page |
Posted by renahyi at 11:44 pm
>>> my rantings JCYRHS' Pontificates. <<<
Disclaimer: The content of the blog is purely fictional and warrants no legal liability, any similarities to name, event, products or processes are entirely by coincidence.
Liability: For documents and software available from this blog, the owner jcyrhs does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information or process disclosed.
Endorsement: jcyrhs does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The views and opinions expressed on jcyrhs's blog site do not necessarily state or reflect those of the real life person, and they may not be used for any purposes not intented. External Links: jcyrhs'a PALACE OF OUTKAST may provide links to other Internet sites for the convenience of users. jcyrhs is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does jcyrhs endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these other Internet sites. Users cannot assume that the external sites will abide by the same Privacy Policy to which jcyrhs adheres.
Pop-Up Advertisements: When visiting PALACE OF OUTKAST, your Web browser may produce pop-up advertisements. These advertisements were most likely produced by other Web sites you visited or by third party software installed on your computer. jcyrhs does not endorse or recommend products or services for which you may view a pop-up advertisement on your computer screen while visiting PALACE OF OUTKAST.
Conditions of Use: This site is maintained by jcyrhs and is protected by various provisions of Title 18 of the jcyrhs's Code. Violations of Title 18 are subject to criminal prosecution in a jcyrhs's court. For site security purposes, as well as to ensure that this service remains available to all users, there is use of software programs to monitor traffic and to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
""
14 Comments:
Upward Spiral
Camera Model: NIKON D70
Lens: Nikkor DX 18-70 Wide-Zoom
Image Created: 2005:10:31 00:21:45
Exposure Time: 13 sec
F-Number: f/10.0
Exposure Program:Aperture Priority
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Focal Length (35mm Equiv): 27 mm
This was taken at cosy bay (by Kallang river). My friend was right about photographers having something for spiral stairways. Anyway, i hope more critique can be given on this one because it was not good enough for the CS people to comment (most chose to ignore this piece of junk). WOuld like to hear your views.
This seems like one interesting spiral stairways - the railings and steps seems disjointed from each other.
While it does draw one's attention towards the circle, nothing of significant interest could be found there to keep the viewer's interests. The thing on the right kinda competes with the flow of the composition IMO.
I can't really make out this staircase, though. Looks really intriguing, or perhaps I really need to go to this cosy bay place.
j: you should visit this place...with ron actually. It's really nice but please bring jacket if you're going late.
I actually like it because of the chaos.. It's very interesting coz it's very hard to make out the staircase. I guessed you'd taken it from bottom up (which I was right, from your title! Yippie).
Every picture has a flaw (in every individuals' eyes), and the flaw in this picture I think it that the eye of the circle is located on the left side of the picture, leaving a rather big portion of uninterestin detail on the right side. And no, the ventilator thingy doesn't count as something interesting to me.. :P
One suggestion, try taking the picture with someone standing on the stairs (on right side of photo) looking down. Totally different feel, I know.. but I think it might produce an interesting result too..
I'm only writing long coz you specifically stressed the comments bit, but actually I do like this picture. Won't stare at it too long though, least it confuses my brain for Maths later..
joel: wah... thanks for the comments. =) wont take it with someone standing there (not a gal wearing skirt...nonono) This was taken just before they close so no one was using the stairway. btw anyone thinks that the centre of the spiral actually looks like a lime?
wont take it with someone standing there (not a gal wearing skirt...nonono)
Haha.. good point, though I was thinking more in terms of a person leaning over, so can only see upper body.
Hmm, now that I think about it, it'd be better if the right side weren't distracting (as opposed to what i said earlier). If the right side of the pic were kept simple, that'd be nice. And the concrete slab is annoying, I keep wondering how the pic would look like without it being there.
Okay, this is probably officially your longest comment.. yet!
* Still figuring out what else to add to my half-filled help sheet
nice shot. I like the symmetry. The staircase isn't uniformly circular, the right half is like a broken off circle.
It does draw your eye to the lime at the far end.
do you have like a propah name? typing out jcyrhs each time to address you is a bit tedious.
ashwin: haha, you can call me yiren. tks for your comments. tks
mmm. another interesting spiral stairs to take will be mod living. nice shot anyway. do u spot a fruit in the picture?
ros: obviously you didn't read through the comments...muaha..haha..hhaaa.hhahahaa
ooops hahaa yah i din lei sooo long. i just see and comment. oops. i'll read i'll read.
Good perspective jcyrhs! I have visited the area before and I must admit, have a jacket ready if you are there late! Forget about whether if the CS people give you any feedback or not... Just because they don't comment doesn't mean you're not good enough :) The Cosy Bay area has lots of potential for photography... my personal favourite is still this particular shot :)
engloy: your words are of great encouragement. =)
hey!
Saw this photo yesterday actually before my eg revision. But decided to do some justice to do by not writing comments hastily.
It's a nice photo. Like some kind of abstract point of view. Like cycles...circles of life...where people just go on revolving about the things they deem important throughout their lives...and finally after all the hard work they arrive at the end point (the "lime" like thing..the brightest spot in the photo)...
I can't tell what it conveys. But sumhow it gives me a feeling...a kind of emotion that I can't explain...:)
meanwhile..another class outing sumtime? haha
Post a Comment
<< Home