
< < Previous : : Latest : : Next > >
IC FOUND!!!
I found my IC!!! it was in the pocket of my deserted caroling shirt!!! haha, i was keeping the shirt after the session last night and found something hard in my breast pocket. It turned out to be my pinkie!!! phew. gotta make a trip down to lavendar to cancel my report later. =)
5 Comments:
Parrot2
Camera Model: NIKON D70
Lens: Tamron 90mm Micro
Exposure Time: 1/400 sec
F-Number: f/5.6
Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Focal Length (35mm Equiv): 135 mm
Managed another shot at the parrot and caught it on this candid moment. Personally i prefer this over the one yesterday.
this one looks better.. better background and nice pose. but i don't like the wire mesh in this. the crown is a little over-exposed it seems. there's one 'trick' i read somewhere.
this pro photographer said he takes his pics at -2/3 EV to capture more details. His logic - it's better to underexpose than overexpose since underexposure can easily be corrected using curves.
joel: my camera naturally underexposes photos for me. I don't have to worry too much about that. The direct sunlight didn't work the lighting in my favour for the shot. =)
jcyrhs: I think this is a better one compared to your earlier shot :)
joel: what the pro photographer said applies more especially if you are using slide/transparency film -- expose for the highlights and let the shadows take care of themselves. I used to believe in the same (see this link) till I chance upon Michael Reichmann’s excellent article "Expose (to the) Right". These days, I expose to the right using the histogram as a guide.
not sure about slide film, but that guy was using a dslr. i suppose it depends on your subject, and since he was taking mostly landscape pictures, i think it was safer for him to take slightly underexposed photos, since there was a higher risk of losing details to overexposure, then it was to lose them in shadows.
read the reichmann's article. didn't know d-cameras worked like that. makes sense though. thnx for sharing
Post a Comment
<< Home