Lanvin IV

< < Previous : : Latest : : Next > >
Camera Model: NIKON D70
Lens: Tamron 90mm Micro
Exposure Time: 1/80 sec
F-Number: f/4.8
White Balance: Manual
Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
Exposure Bias: -2/3 EV
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Focal Length (35mm Equiv): 135 mm
Was bored last night. Added a touch more contrast than normal during processing. I realise it's difficult to take a low key shot for this item since it's black. Further more, its shiny surface proved to be problematic as reflections get caught in them often. I had a few shots trashed because i could not get the subject to stand out from the background. Ended up using the light to outlight the subject or using small reflectors/white papers to out line the pen. Didn't have my tripod with me so things were little shaky.
2 Comments:
Nice attempt at a product shoot of a black item against a black background. I think you've got some great lighting from the bottom of the pen. The blotch of reflection off the surface of the pen, however, didn't appeal to me as much. The speckles of light (or is it dust?) between the reflection and the LANVIN words also distracted me a little.
Oh, I've been wanting to ask, is the LANVIN words supposed to look like this i.e. unclear edges, or was it due to wear and tear?
Composition-wise, I don't have much to offer. I'm no pen nor product shoot expert, so I tried to look around Mont Blanc and Parker's website for reference. I found the Parker's site more helpful, take a look at the closeups found in the PDFs here. Some has interesting angles/composition to explore.
J: The pen isn't of the top quality brands, it was a gift from a friend last time. So the edges were expected of that price range. As for the composition, i couldn't shoot the tip (wasn't nice at all) and the pen cap had screw threads on top so it didn't provide an alternative perspective. The only "highlights" about the pen was the nice overall shape and the nice "grip" which i've chosen to focus on.
Maybe it's about time i "steal" my mother's mont blanc. I saw some of their century shots on the limited edition diamond pens. *droolz*.
Post a Comment
<< Home