
< < Previous : : Latest : : Next > >
Post Exam Party
Since the exams are just over, i foresee people going to cheong the clubs and pubs once again. (maybe they've never stopped. Anyway, if you drive, don't drink. If you drink, don't drive. Be responsible for other's lives and your own. There is this wise saying: Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rage - Poverbs 23:20-21 Drinking is fine, but don't get yourself drunk. Happy holidays.
6 Comments:
Spotlit Walkway
Camera Model: NIKON D70
Lens:Nikkor DX 18-70 Wide-Zoom
Exposure Time: 1/15 sec
F-Number: f/18.0
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
Focal Length (35mm Equiv): 78 mm
I have mixed feelings when posting this one after hearing what J said about the tonality yesterday. The original idea i had when post processing this was to emphasize on the "spotlights" on the walkway, hence the darker photo. Excuse me for this while i process my shots today. Perhaps i'll replace this later.
Yo...
Was clearing my study today..dug up many things that brought back much memories, about old times, stupid times, childish times...I ended up taking some photos of things people drew on my notes from jc haha (your fat frog won't be forgotten) :)
I dunno...I judge photos by the emotions they hope they convey / I think they convey. To me, a good photo touches people's hearts, captures feelings, keeps memories..Well, that's an un-pro's one peace worth..:)
Happy exploration in your photo-taking journey. There are new things to be learnt every single day..:)
I think one area that you might wanna look into imporving is framing. I find your framing sometimes cause photos to lose their wow-factor. I think this picture had potential but the framing is off.
But don't take my word for it. I'm a lousy photgrapher. Just giving critics based on my natural art-sense. What do the other more 'matured' photographers think?
maybe matured is a little off.. no offece guys :P Just couldn't think of a better word!
Heh, I'm no "matured" photographer, but I think Joel hit the spot. The lighting in this photo is beautiful and exudes a sense of mystery. The composition, while playing with symmetry, is still very static and doesn't draw the viewer in. Perhaps the next time you could try to look at things from different perspective rather than from eye-level. One interesting perspective is the rat-eye view. You literally prone on the floor and take the picture. It may work out better for this picture, it may not. But I believe that by adopting the perspective and covering more of the light-falls on the ground, it may appear less boring and sterile.
Hey, that's what I thought too. Was trying to think of how it would be best to take the photo of the bridge. The rat-eye thing was what I had in mind, although still not certain if it's best.
Another good idea is to shoot more pictures of the same subject with different settings/perspective/angle etc.. Then review them and learn from which you think came out the best.
Post a Comment
<< Home